Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Futayo Honda WIP no.1 & more plans

So as promised, a WIP-post about making the costume of Futayo Honda from Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon, Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere being its English translation.


I watched the first season of the anime god knows when... Wow, actually, just about one year ago in the beginning of December, 2013. (Yeah, I cheated, I checked my MAL.)
I liked it a lot, and not just because of 70% of screen time consists of boobs, no, the story was actually good and there were a few interesting characters among others. So what would be a better way to commemorate a great series than cosplay from it, and of course I would now pick Futayo in my newborn crossplay enthusiasm, as she was my favourite female character in the series!

With no longer ado, let's start with the photos!

First off, some of my reference pictures put together.
I like her design so much! It's like, so inconvenient for someone whose fighting special skill is speed. Um, air resistance, anyone? Of course enormous boobs are a great bonus...wait, did I just say that? And then there's Tonbokiri, the spear, which is a very unique weapon.

A bit challenging hairstyle, great! Also, a cool face is always a bonus.

A screen capture from the anime, showing her going off to a fight...
And then some other photos Google had to offer me.
Yea, yea, boobs, ass...an irrelevant old man touching her ass...

So, Futayo's the first really big, most challenging, time-consuming costume I'm making. Thus far I have bought all the fabrics I will need for her, gladly, and started on at least three different parts of the costume, but nothing is even near finishing yet.

I figured it would be interesting to keep an eye on how much money I spend on the whole costume from head to toes, and also how much time I waste of my life making it.
After it's finished, I'll list an accurate calculation of everything here, but the numbers at the moment say something along the lines of 110 € and 62 hours.

I think it's much better to split the WIP-post in parts, making each "bigger" part of the costume its own post. This one being the references and what is my current situation with it post.

62 hours for these? I suck.
I'll give more specific information on each part of the costume in their own respective posts...





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay, then the part where even more of my (not so) surprising, extempore cosplay plans get revealed!

It all began a few weeks back when I was floating around the internet and somehow ended up thinking about how Gen Urobuchi is the guest of honor in Desucon Frostbite, and thanks to that, there will be a "Urobuchi category" in the convention's hall cosplay contest.
And that truthfully speaking, I'd really want to get chosen into the contest now that Yukicon was a missed chance (I'm a bit of a sore loser, I know...), so I'd need to have something from an anime he's made and that should be both recognizable and cool. And then I started to think about Rakuen Tsuihou, the new anime movie from Urobuchi, which will also be introduced in the convention on Friday...and began searching. And what I found was Angela Balzac.
Boobs, ass, what else does a character need to get me interested?
Well, in this case, at least horribly difficult shoes to walk with and such hair. Much tangle.











So now that my plans for Frostbite are finally crystal clear, it's time to get working!
Exactly how I've spent last few weeks...


The next post will be about the photoshoot from November, see how I'm falling behind? I'll never be able to update about something a few days or a week after something's happened!

For the season's greetings, I'll include this photo from tonight.
The first anniversary of making my own costumes is near, and (most probably) this was the last time I'll ever wear this costume that was my first completely self-made one.
It's time to move on in life...
Merry Christmas everyone!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TL;DR:
Oh, come on. Check the tags and get out of here!

No comments:

Post a Comment